What personal information do you collect?
I collect the email that you provide to me in the submission form.
Please note that I request your author or pen name, as shown on the front of your book(s), and not your personal name.
How is it stored?
Your submission is received by my webmail as an email. Your email is stored only as an email archive item.
What do you use my personal information for?
I use your email solely to notify you if your book submission is chosen for review.
Where is your business based?
By Rite of Word is a strictly volunteer and non-profit organisation, and we’re based in Canada.
Where are your servers located?
My website is hosted on servers in the UK. Following the US executive order in 2017, “Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States” the protections of the U.S. Privacy Act were repealed for non-U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents.
I'm an EU resident. What are my special rights?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, as a resident of the EU or Switzerland your personal data benefits from some additional protection.
- You have the right to understand what personal data I hold, and what it is used for, and you must have provided your consent to me to use your personal data for that purpose. My disclosure to you of what your personal data will be used for must be in plain language. [Lawfulness, fairness and transparency.]
- You have the right to have your personal data used only for the specified purpose for which you provided it. [Purpose limitation.]
- You have the right to expect that I will only keep the minimum personal data necessary for that specified purpose. [Data minimisation.]
- You have the right to ask for the personal data I hold on you, and have me correct it if necessary. [Accuracy.]
- You have the right to transmit any such personal data to another individual or entity. [Portability.]
- You have the right to erasure (right to be forgotten). You can require me to make all reasonable efforts to delete your personal data from my systems and those of my providers.
- You have the right to expect that your personal data will be held no longer than is required for the specified purpose for which you provided it. [Storage limitation.]
- You have the right to have your personal data held securely, and in the event of a breach to my system or to any of my providers’ systems, I’m obliged to inform you within reasonable delay. [Integrity and confidentiality.]
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to my use of your personal data at any time.